Draft Mission Statement of the Hornsey Town Hall Trust Ltd - October 2004
- To retain and preserve the fine Grade 2 * listed building and its setting for use by the community of Crouch End for posterity
- To ensure that as much of the site and its facilities as possible are used to provide an endowment for the town hall, and to service and provide maximum accessibility to the Town Hall and its community uses.
- To maximise community accessibility for the community to the building, its facilities and its environs whilst preserving security for those working within it.
- To resurface and enliven the Piazza with Cafés shops and services to form a new Heart for Crouch End
- To provide a rich mix of activities and uses within the building for all age groups, with an emphasis on arts and education, and to include the Citizens Advice Bureau and other Council services. Such uses are to provide sufficient income to enable the building to pay for its upkeep for years to come.
- To obtain as much grant funding as possible to finance the restoration and conversion of the Town Hall.
- To redevelop the east end of the Mews with retail/restaurant units and create a new arcade to link it to the Piazza, thereby enhancing the centre of Crouch End
- To provide new housing on the existing residential streets of Haringey Park and Hatherley Gardens, using the vacant/underused sites. Development on a modest scale will both provide income for the restoration/improvement work and assist the Council in meeting its housing targets, whilst minimising the additional pressures on local services.
- To employ world class consultants to ensure that the assembly halls become top class facilities attracting audiences and performers alike, hosting as wide a range of performances and events as possible with the aim of getting back the audiences of 900 who used to regularly attend.
- To minimise the effect of the proposals on traffic congestion and the on-street parking of neighbouring residents
Please your feedback on the aims by the 15th December